Our Impact in the Community
For 85 years the United Way has had a presence in South Central Massachusetts. Starting in 1937 as a Community Chest in Southbridge to raise funds to distribute among five local agencies, it has expanded to the five towns of Charlton, Dudley, Southbridge, Sturbridge, and Webster, and now serves over 70,000 residents and supports 26 programs that directly impact lives. When we Live United within our communities, we can help those in need and empower those who are most vulnerable. We will move forward into the next years together, supporting programs that address the region’s highest priorities in the areas of early education and youth development, basic needs of health and housing, and economic opportunity. We are there every step of the way for decades to come.
- YMCA Tri-Community Branch provided $40,000 in affordable childcare grants and member scholarships
- Family Health Care in Southbridge assisted 1,387 people with their medical needs and 1,623 people with dental needs.
- New Hope provided counseling to 646 survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Tri-Valley Meals On Wheels provided 107,000 meals to 700 seniors and disabled members of the community
- Catholic Charities provided 1,492 people with emergency assistance.
- Community Legal Aid assisted over 150 individuals with free legal services.
- CASA matched 428 children with volunteers to protect and advocate for them going through the foster care system.
- St. Luke’s Guesthouse provided 2,036 nights of shelter.
$120,000 to the Boys & Girls Club of Webster & Dudley
$70,000 to the YMCA of Central MA
$40,000 to Catholic Charities
$32,500 to Tri-Valley, Inc.
$12,500 to Literacy Volunteers of SCM
$20,000 to the CASA Project
$23,000 to New Hope
$15,000 to St. Luke's Guesthouse
$15,000 to WCAC Head Start
$10,000 to Our Bright Future
The United Way of South Central MA supports local agencies that provide health, education, and financial stability services that profoundly affect the lives of those who live and work in the towns of Charlton, Dudley, Southbridge, Sturbridge, and Webster.